Monday, October 5, 2015

QUOTES ON THE IMPORTANCE OF PRACTICE

Because it's that time of the year, here are some great quotes on the value of practice:

"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." -Mahatma Gandhi
 
“When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win” - Ed Macauley

"It's not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts: it's what you put into the practice." -Eric Lindros

Practice is the best of all instructors.” -Publilius Syrus

“We learn by practice. Whether it means to learn to dance by practicing dancing or to learn to live by practicing living, the principles are the same.” -Martha Graham

“Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.”-Vince Lombardi 

“Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.” -Unknown

“Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” -Mary Tyler Moore

“We have all the light we need, we just need to put it in practice.” -Albert Pike

“I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.” -Michael Jordan

“Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that, for it and knowledge can raise man to the Divine.” -Beethoven

“I've always considered myself to be just average talent and what I have is a ridiculous insane obsessiveness for practice and preparation.” -Will Smith

“My father taught me that the only way you can make good at anything is to practice, and then practice some more.” -Pete Rose

Practice is everything. This is often misquoted as practice makes perfect.” -Periander

“Everything is practice.” -Pele

“I'm a strong believer that you practice like you play, little things make big things happen.” -Tony Dorsett

“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice.” -Anton Chekhov

“I am playing the violin, that's all I know, nothing else, no education, no nothing. You just practice every day.” -Itzhak Perlman

“Before we can talk about a championship, we have to practice like a championship team.” -Mike Singletary

Practice puts brains in your muscles.” -Sam Snead