Thursday, September 17, 2015

HOW DO YOU ANALYZE FAILURE?

Today I enjoyed talking leadership with Coach Marsha Frese of UMKC today and one of the things we were talking about were books that were good for coaches and players.  One we talked about was "Go For Gold" by John Maxwell.  I love the book because its laid out with daily readings for leaders to take in and apply.  Here is quick example:

The next time you experience a failure, think about why you failed instead of who was at fault. Analyze any failure:

·         What lessons have I learned?

·         Am I grateful for this experience?

·         How can I turn the failure into success?

·         Practically speaking, where do I go from here?

·         Who else has failed in this way before, and how can that person help me?

·         How can my experience help others someday to keep from failing?

·         Did I fail because of another person, because of my situation, or because of myself?

·         Did I actually fail, or did I fall short of an unrealistically high standard?

·         Where did I succeed as well as fail?

No comments: